Head of Design
The Web Publisher is responsible for supporting the entire publishing process, ensuring that all video, audio, imaging, and written content materials are published in the company’s public website. The incumbent must have an eye for detail, ensuring that all published content follows the company’s editorial direction. The Web Publisher will work in collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure all content is published accurately and on schedule.
- Degree, Certificate, Diploma, or Vocational Training in Computer Science or Journalism
- 1 – 3 years’ work experience in Web Publishing or related fields
- Experience working with computers and WordPress or comparable framework is required
- Strong Technical Aptitude
- Proficient with image work and experience working with software alike
- Experience working with embedding software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Champions building and maintaining productive business professional relationships
- Ability to be comfortable in new settings and have a willingness to learn and grow with the team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks in a dynamic workplace
- Works in collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure all content is published on schedule
- Publishes all video, audio, imaging, and written content on a weekly basis
- Communicates when the publishing schedule may be interrupted
- Reviews published content weekly, to ensure everything was published accurately
- Updates published content and headers as required
- Keeps abreast of best practices and provides feedback on such
- This position is based in an office environment located in Saskatoon, SK
- This position work schedule will be Monday thru Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Active team membership, by sharing knowledge and eagerness to learn and grow with peers
- Active in our culture and focused on work in an accurate, efficient, and courteous manner
- Be accountable to your job responsibilities and performance
Why Work at BIG?
At BIG, we have one overarching goal: to support the BIG businesses in this province. We provide the tools, connections and content that will support new and small businesses in their fiscal growth and for the businesses where money is not the problem. We provide the content, coaching and connections to help them reconnect and grow their culture.
Our Total Rewards Incentives:
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Paid Vacation starting at 3 weeks
- Group Benefits Plan
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits including paid Sick Days and Personal Days
- Educational Assistance Programs to further personal and career development
It all starts with our team at BIG, our culture is very important to us, and we take pride in the culture that we create together! We welcome those who want to work in an environment that supports and pushes each other to grow through our challenges with honest conversations.